Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mailbox is full (of crap}

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 newagedavey11

newagedavey11

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hello distinguished colleagues. I have watched my mailbox fill up, despite my efforts to clean out Inbox, and all of my other folders..I am now full and not able to send or receive messages.This is on my work computer, so I am losing money and clients as I type.I became so frustrated I cleaned out every folder, (probably a big mistake), but it had no effect on volume of mailbox. We have an IT guy who naturally is unavailable, and I am out of ideas. I am on a network and no one else is experiencing this problem. I am running Windows 7 professional, in conjunction with Outlook 2010.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure I can send this e-mail, so I may be copying this and commandeering a fellow workers computer, to get this to BC.

Thanking all in advance,

Newagedavey11

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MakeItBetter

MakeItBetter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Have you tried setting up rules so offending emails can be deleted ?

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/TheThreeMostImportantOutlookRulesForProcessingMail.aspx...

In worst case, you could set up a negative filter...one which deletes everything you haven't specifically said you want...

Another alternative would be to switch over to gmail (you can set up domain email to forward to gmail and subsequently set up gmail so that the email looks like it's coming from your domain) ... there are a variety of ways of blocking emails...you will probably want to look at the routing information of the problematic emails ...

Here's a couple of articles which may help...

http://email.about.com/od/emailsourceaccess/

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/where-did-the-options-go-in-outlook-2010-to-see/2e092f73-65a0-4f69-9877-c4548cd5dd08

Edited by MakeItBetter, 02 April 2014 - 03:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users