Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EPSON STYLUS SX535WD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TC8

TC8

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

I have an Epson Stylus SX535WD connected to my main computer (Windows XP) and then wirelessly connected to my lap top (Windows Vista) & phone. Every now & then the bleeping thing goes offline & refuses to go back on line. It drives me mad as it takes me all day to sort it out. Are there any simple solutions to this? Keeping the thing on line or quickly rectifiying the problem? I end up going through to Microsoft & they always want paying!!!  In anticipation of any help, Thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

could you tell more about your problem?

and please read this epson support maybe this related with your problem

Troubleshooting printing, scanning and network connection problems

I've installed the All-In-One's software for a Wi-Fi connection but I cannot print. When I check the All-In-One's control panel, there is a valid IP address assigned to the All-In-One (it starts with 192.xxx, 172.xxx, or 10.xxx).

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 TC8

TC8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Thanks abauw,

Don't ask me what I did, something on your link worked. Wish I could be more helpful! Thanks anyway :)

Oh do you think it may be something to do with the main computer being XP? Somebody told me they're getting rid of XP.

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

nice to hear that you have resolve that problem :wink:

if you computer could run smooth on win vista / 7 / 8 you could upgrade it but if your computer be slow if use win vista its better to stick with xp but with no windows update

#5 TC8

TC8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Thanks, I thought it would just close down or something. So ok to stick with XP for now but dont update? I'll take it to a computer friend/acquantance in a few weeks & get a new programme put on. What do you reckon would be compatible with the work that is already done on XP? He mentioned Windows 8 I think!

#6 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

could you read this How To Publish a Snapshot using Speccy and paste your link of speecy snapshot on your next post. just snapshot link not upload it :wink:

Edit:
sorry I forget to tell, I need to see speccy report because I need see you hardware so I could give a better advice about upgrading windows or stay in winxp

Edited by abauw, 06 April 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#7 TC8

TC8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

It's not the one I'm always on, that's my laptop Vista. It's my husbands. If I remember I will try & do that for you thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users