Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolution Wont Change

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stephaniel

stephaniel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:48 AM

hello there!
i am having problems with my screen resolution and colour quality, my pc is connected up to a lcd tv and the settings are stuck on 640 x 480 and the colour is set to 32 bit which is making everything far too big, can you help? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:00 AM

What kind of graphics card do you have? (Radeon 9800 pro, Nvidia 7800 GTX etc.)

It sounds as if your missing drivers for your graphics card, and that windows is running the resolution, which is poor settings.

Also, is this a new problem? Or is this the first time that you've hooked up to this lcd tv?

Sorry for all the questions, but more information would be help us help you :thumbsup: :flowers:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:50 AM

Does it support higher resolutions? 32bit color is as good as it gets.
If you haven't done it yet, check the LCD TV's documentation. :thumbsup:
If you don't have the manual, post the make and model LCD TV in addition to what Steve has said.

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:58 PM

Ok Here is what you do. find out what kind of video card you have and write it down for reference if needed later.

Then right click on My Computer and left Click on Properties, we are going to Device Manager and down to display adapter and open the display adaptor up this is the name of the video driver in your computer it should be something like nVidia or some name like this, not vga adapter.

Well anyway high lite the name under display adapter and remove it from the system.

click ok and answer ok to any questions about wanting to get rid of it. We want to get rid of it.

exit out and reboot the computer.

When the computer reboots Windows should find the video card and install all of the drivers for it and you will be able to reset your screen res to what you wish.

If this does not work you will have to go to the manufacturers web site for new drivers.

#5 stephaniel

stephaniel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:00 PM

hello typical female here how do i find what video card i have sorry.

thanks.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Download Everest Home Edition Version 1.51 (the last freeware version of Everest that has the software module included) from
http://www.oldversion.com
(you will find Everest under the utilities section)

Install it and open it and it will tell you about all the hardware and software (including license numbers) that you have on your computer.

Have it print a report to keep for future reference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users