Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba L505D-S5983 No USB or Sound

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 acuteunit

acuteunit

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

I recently did a new install of Windows 7 after install Im unable to find usb drivers  and the drivers are not even seen in the device manager. I have tried everything that I know . The sound driver listed on the Toshiba website does not install at all but I won't give up. Can anybody somebody help me please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

could you check on BIOS setup, does you disable / enable your onboard USB /Audio?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

In device manager are there any yellow ? marks or ! marks? If the answer is yes, right click on the device with the yellow mark and click properties, click the details tab in the new window, in the property drop down list click the arrow and select hardware ids from that list. Now click on the top value in the value box to highlight it, then right click on it and click copy. Paste all of the hardware id's of the devices that have a yellow mark in your next post. I should be able to help you locate the correct drivers.

IF: there are no yellow marks in device manager, the devices may have failed at a hardware level. If the devices are working properly you should see them somewhere in device manager.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 acuteunit

acuteunit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hello Zingo156 this is the information I gathered  hope this can help..

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_FF1E1179
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&CC_0403

#5 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

try this Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

This should work for the audio, it may be the same one that abauw posted above: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_audio_realtek_TC50036500C.exe

This should fix your 3.0 usb ports (if those are the ones not working) usually they are blue: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc30669600c.exe

Edited by zingo156, 03 April 2014 - 07:18 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#7 acuteunit

acuteunit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hello Zingo and  Abauw thanks for your time however neither one of those drivers worked the usb driver was for intel I3 I5 etc. And the sound driver is the very reason I needed the help because I can't get it to install. Im all ears maybe there is a motherboard problem.

#8 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Can you please run speccy:

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.

• Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

• You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

• After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

• Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    p22004369.gif
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
  • You will see the following prompt:
    p22004371.gif
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    p22004372.gif
  • Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
  • Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

#9 acuteunit

acuteunit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jhntUvkMgqHZtrQsU37pihN

Here is what u asked for Mr.Zingo.. hope its a enough information..

#10 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Hello, your Speccy reports indicates no sound card, almost as if your sound card is not present in your laptop.

I am curious if because this is a laptop, if the hardware are disabled in the BIOS.

Since I can not see what your BIOS has for a setup utility, you would try hitting F2 during boot up and this should bring you into the BIOS setup utility.

Once you are in here, search around for anything worded that relates to your USB or audio settings. If anything looks suspicious as to the cause of missing USB or audio let us know.

Thanks.

Bruce.

Sorry for the corrections, late night hours here LOL!

Edited by MrBruce1959, 05 April 2014 - 12:41 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#11 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

have you install file from link that I & Zingo give? according to speecy report you not install it?
but maybe it was not your fault, sometimes .exe program doesnt means automatically install but only extraxt it. could you check on C:\ does any folder named Driver or Toshiba? if yes please check it and tell does you have that folder?

sorry I couldnt try to download that file for test because I have serious problem with my SSH connection, as opening this topic took a couple minutes :smash:

#12 acuteunit

acuteunit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hello this is to everyone trying to help me thanks for your time. Let me explain when I did the install I was prompted to do a bios update I believe that when everything went wrong not positive but something is very wrong. No matter what I do the drivers won't install and the USB are not in the device manager. I even reset the bios back to the original one then the ati audio driver shows up in the device manager with the conflict symbol still showing. I need help.

#13 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

when I did the install I was prompted to do a bios update

could you tell more about that? what software that you install or what software that asked you to update BIOS?

#14 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

As posted by abauw how did you update the bios? Was the issue already there before flashing the bios? It is possible for the chipsets to fail. The other thing you could try is booting to a linux distro something like mint: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Burn a disc and boot to the disc, then test sound in Mint. If it doesn't work there, you can be fairly certain it is hardware related. Also check all of your USB ports for damage or shorting pins, (visually inspect them). 1 Bad port can cause problems with all of the others.

Edited by zingo156, 07 April 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,649 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

I am going to throw something out there and hopefully it may work but no promises.

The PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_00 hardware ID you provided links it the SB700 AMD southbridge chip according to database.com and does show the HD Realtek audio driver link posted. I do know there are realtek ethernet chips that are part of chipsets especially Nvidia's that will not show in Device Manager unless the chipset driver is provided. Because this is a clean install maybe your chipset needs to be updated. Though your audio is listed in Device Manager I would download the latest AMD chipset driver here (top of page) . It also includes the USB 3.0 driver.

After you install it reboot and then rerun Speccy and see if it recognizes your audio chipset. If it does, then you can install your audio driver provided by zingo156 or abauw. If your audio still isn't detected download the HD driver directly from Realtek here. Second from the top. Even though Speccy does not see the hardware, it is still detected by Device Manager. Maybe Speccy does not detect it as the vendor ID (1002) is actually AMD and the device ID (4383) is listed as sb700. It's kind of a AMD hybrid. Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users