Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unknown MSCONFIG entries

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gow75

gow75

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

I have attached screen shot of my MSconfig what i am concerned with is the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA entry unknown.  I ran autorun from sys internal cant find it, i ran Malwarebytes didnt find anything related to it, what the heck is it and how can i delete it. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your screenshot didn't make it to BC !

Can you have another go at it, or, if you have it on somewhere like Dropbox, Imgur or any other hosting site, just post the URL / Link. You may also want to have a look at Stolen's notes on how to post an image, here :-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526405/how-to-insert-an-image/

Chris Cosgrove

#3 gow75

gow75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

here i will try Photobucket.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/scripttron75/3-20-201411-20-18AM_zpsc7a91346.jpg

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

Your image made it this time and now that I have seem it I believe it, but I have no idea what is causing it. It has a digit '1' after it while everything else in the list references a location on your C:\ drive.

It may be just a glitch. Unless you are having other problems with your computer I would just ignore it. Of course, somebody else may disagree with me.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:54 AM

Since it's unchecked whatever it is it won't run. The file location and name of the file is cut off by the screen capture. Whatever it is, it looks like a what a malware/virus toolbar entry would look like. Can't say for sure. There is a way to rip it from the registry, but it will take some steps to do it. It's safe to ignore it as Chris said, cause it's disabled anyways.

Oh and since you have Google Drive you shoudln't disable Google Updater. Sometimes they push fixes and security patches that way and you don't want to miss out on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users