Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

using external pcie video card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neo-moses

neo-moses

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

my friend purchased a dell mini atx computer that has one hdmi and one vga video output.

he needs to be able to use three monitors.

i have a sapphire full size pcie video card that has 1-vga,1-avi, 1-hdmi out.

Is it possible to get a cable that I can plug the full size pcie video card into (and use externally) and then run the cable through the rear of the mini atx case and plug into the one available female pcie slot inside the computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

I have seen what you're looking for but it was a test bench assembly and cost $350.  Not in my budget.  There are some converters that might help, along with multiple monitor splitters.

#3 neo-moses

neo-moses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

thanks for the quick reply. I have seen bench setups as well but they are expensive. 

Edited by hamluis, 02 April 2014 - 05:16 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users