Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major Computer Problems, Spyfalcon, Smitfraud, And Others

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jbarbee2359

jbarbee2359

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:47 PM

I tried to download a file that I should have known better to download, but didnt. It slowed down my computer for 5 minutes, and loaded several things, among them that I could see is Spyfalcon, and now I have a blinking icon in the bottom right hand (system tray?) corner. It flashes between a red no-smoking sign, and a green wheelchair/handicap sign. I have done a little research and found that I can take off spyfalcon, i think. I also downloaded other programs, but have to wait to submit a logfile from such programs like smitfraudfix.exe, dr. web, and hijackthis. I also have adaware, mcafee virus scan corporate, and spybot search and destroy, as well as xoftspyse, all are fully updated and have been run and I rebooted the system. Still it wont go away, also I keep getting two windows popping up that say "ULWindowSeek" and "ULWindowURL". The UL Window URL one has a popup that says "Your current control settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page..." when I click OK this comes up...

you can help SlimFind project by installing some software

Media Tickets
Yazzle
Maxdial
Download Desktop
Sexy Football Babes Soft

Im not sure what all these mean, but I want to know how to stop them all,
and hurt the person who made them :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance for your time, help, and patience.
Please contact by email for quicker response.

Jon Barbee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

Spyfalcon removal tutorial can be found HERE.

You may have other infections as well. Follow the directions in the tutorial linked above, and then let us know if problems persist.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users