Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 drivers or ATI graphic card drivers?.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

Just in the process of reinstalling my Win7 OS. I have an ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card and when Windows was installing I noticed that it installed drivers for the graphic card. In my previous install I had the Catalyst Control Centre installed but never ever used it for anything that I know of. So my question is, do I need to install the CCC package from the ATI site or are the windows installed drivers just as good. On a similar tack without starting a new thread. Do I need to reinstall the chipset drivers for my Gigabyte MA770T-UD3 Motherboard or are they still installed?.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

If you have an ATI graphics card/chip...some say that you don't need to install CCC.

I have a history of ATI cards/chipsets and I always install the full package because the card/chip works properly and I don't care about the fact that I don't ever use CCC.

Any drivers installed by Windows by default will work...but for optimum use of the graphics function, you probably need to install the drivers provided by the system or motherboard manufacturer.

Anytime an O/S is reinstalled...all previous system files are flushed.  Of course, a clean install fllushes everything.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users