Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with wifi access after got virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chris0147

chris0147

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi all,

I need some help with my sister's computer, she had a really nasty virus called ZeroAccess reparse point/junction. She had the virus when she was watching the video by the ads pop up, it had shut down her computer and it had made her computer to run really slow when she ran in a normal mode on windows xp, so I had to get rid of these nasty viruses by running the software on safe mode. The software I ran it called hitmanpro, roguekiller, kaspersky tdskiller, Malwarebytes Anti-malware and combofix and rkill.

I think the software did really helping her alot to get rid of these nasty viruses, but now she couldn't be able to connect to wifi access as it has been locked up. I'm not sure if the software has got rid of the viruses properly.

Do you know how she can connect to the wifi access after she had zeroaccess reparse point/junction virus?

Can you please give me an instruction what I would need to do and how to fix the wifi access?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 01 April 2014 - 06:16 PM.
Moved from XP to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hello

For the connection try these...

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.

netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
ipconfig /flushdns
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 chris0147

chris0147
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your advise. I have following the instructions what you suggested me to do, but unfortunately when I tried each of these it did not work. I cannot connect to the ethernet using with wireless adapter. I tried to uninstall, but it won't let me.

I reckon that the virus could probably have disabled it.

Can you please tell me what I would need to do?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Ok, Well it is probably something removed by Hitman or ComboFix..

We need anew topic and a copy of your CFix log,

Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users