Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Kiosk System Setup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leftywp14

Leftywp14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'm in the process of setting up a touchscreen kiosk system for work.  I currently have the system set to boot into the Kiosk account so that user is only able to access the metro app Internet Explorer and that app has its homepage set to the site I want users to access.  I have blocked all other domains/applications so the user can only access that page.  The problem that I'm running into is I want this set up so that w/o me touching the machine I want it to come back to the home page every few minutes.  I would also like to restrict user access to the address bar.  Basically I want to set this machine up so it boots up to the website and that is the only thing that the user can do with the machine.  Would anyone be able to advise me on how I can get this done?

My current configuration is such that the computer boots up into the Kiosk account.  It then launches the IE application and goes to the website.  All other sites are blocked from access from that account but users are still able to enter them into the address bar which takes my terminal away from the site that I need it to automatically return to for the next user.  Is there a way I can take away the address bar or set the terminal to automatically return to that site periodically?  Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users