Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell P2815Q Mouse Choppy on Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mfarley

mfarley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Morning all, first post here - excited to find this place.

Currently Running:

Dell XPS 8700

17 3.4ghz

32gb ram

AMD Radeon R9 270

64 bit windows 8.1

UltraSharp 2412m monitor

P2815Q 4k Monitor

SSD drive for OS

Okay, preliminaries out of the way.  My wife picked me up the 4k monitor a week ago to use as the main monitor and the ultrasharp is now my dual monitor used to extend the desktop.

I installed the monitor, ran the installation drivers from the cd, everything seemed to work well.  The colors seem a bit washed out and I need to sort out the brightness/contrast settings but that's just something I need to play with.  The real problem is that when my mouse is on the ultrasharp monitor's screen the movement of the mouse is fluid.  When I jump over to the new monitor it becomes staccato or choppy in it's movements almost as if there is a lag.  

I'm tried removing the driver and re-installing but to no avail.  Not sure what to do but call Dell which is nearly always a joke in my experience.  Thought I'd ask the real experts.  It's a fairly new monitor so could it simply be a driver issue that's not been resolved?

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users