Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photos In Desktop.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 deafracer

deafracer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:05 PM

Hi. I got a weird problem. My photos from my photo files are now all in my desktop and screensaver lists. I didn't do this and am wondering how to remove them.

Mod Edit: closed open tags ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 17 May 2006 - 10:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:19 AM

Hi deafracer.

The files listed in your wallpaper list on the "desktop" tab are located in the C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder. Look in that folder for your photos. You can cut and paste to a new folder if you like. The photo will be removed from the list.
Your photos listed on your "screensaver' tab are located in the C:\Windows\Sytem32 folder. (and dll cache but don't worry about that folder)
You can cut and paste those as well. Again, the photo will be removed from the list.
If you're using any of these images as wallpaper or screensavers, you won't be able to move them while they're active.
Did you use some sort of third party desktop enhancement software or something?
Perhaps a photo program of sorts?

Edited by HitSquad, 18 May 2006 - 09:21 AM.

#3 deafracer

deafracer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:11 AM

I tried the suggestion. In the wallpaper folder it is not in there. But when I go to the Disply in my control panel, the photos from my photo album are all in there. is there a setting I need to change?

Mod Edit: Removed open BB Code tags

Edited by Scarlett, 18 May 2006 - 11:17 AM.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:28 AM

Mine does the same thing.

Apparently the 'fix' is create a new photo folder and move your photos into it. More info HERE.

And apparently we are not alone. See THIS.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

OK, I see what you're saying.
I never use the "My Pictures" folder.
It still doesn't explain the screensaver list though. :thumbsup:

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

I am not for sure on this, but I think that if a person goes into My Pictures, and then right clicks on a picture, and then chooses "Set as desktop background" that automatically links the My Pictures folder with the desktop settings. At least that is my theory. There must be a registry edit that can undo this, but I don't know it.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#7 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:37 PM

IIRC, the "My Pictures" directory is default for "My Pictures Screensaver." You can change the directory to any folder on your hard drive(s) using the Browse button in the Settings. Sometimes, when you use other pictures on your hard drive for the desktop, they remain in the list of desktop pictures. For instance, I have "firefox wallpaper" as one choice. Most of my desktop pictures are in a "wallpapers" set of folders. As Durante said, "I gotta million of 'em."

#8 deafracer

deafracer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:19 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=3]I went into the 'My Photos' and moved the pictures into another folder outside of 'My Photos' and it removed them automatically from the list. If that is all I can do then I appreciate that. Thanks.

#9 epson

epson

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Hi Guys, I know this is an 'old' topic but has anyone found a fix yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users