Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPS tracking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 toddlynn

toddlynn

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

My neighbor's brother recently moved in with him.  He lets his brother use his Jeep.  He wants to know if there's a way to track the location of his jeep using his smartphone. I told him I'd ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

how much does he want to spend is the question... it's possible from $200 to $10000. Accuracy and intent is everything.

#3 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi Toddlynn

I am not sure if your neighbor is looking to track where his brother goes or where his brother goes in his jeep,if he is just concerned about where he is taking his jeep ....wouldn't it be easier to get like " Pocket Finder" he can hide anyplace in the vehicle?Best Buy sells many different tracking devices for vehicles(or assets)that he can monitor from his computer or android phone for under $100.00

There are even many devices for under $50.00 but not as good.........................LOL,he can get a tracking collar & leave it in the jeep also & spend less than $20.00....................Tell him to get creative!

Just a suggestion                                                                                                                         Best Regards,Kwik

Welcome to BC,the folks here are the best of the best!!!!!!I love it here!

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Just an outsiders perspective. If one brother doesn't trust another brother enough to use the jeep without considering a tracker. Why is he even allowing it to be used in the first place? If I was the brother using the jeep and I found out I wasn't trusted enough and was tracked without my knowledge. I would be more upset and annoyed than if I was told "No you can't use the jeep" from the very beginning.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi Animal!

I agree,I would be highly offended also but this guy had to have  given the brother good reason to be so suspicious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who knows,maybe he is an ex-drug addict who has burned his own brother in the past many times and the brother wants to give him an opportunity to prove he is trustworthy now & does not want to discourage him but is not going to take any chances?There could be a million reasons................'

I would just say "forget it" rather than be deceptive                                                                               

Have a great weekend-Kwiik

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#6 sandy30

sandy30

• Banned Spammer
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

Try using Viper SmartStart. I don’t use it but I’ve read quite good reviews of it online.

#7 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:37 AM

if its a windows phone, that comes standard.  Under the find my phone option.  Its not real time, but you just update it each time.  Search antivirus programs for smart phones, most offer family options that include some type of "where are you software".  F secure had it, dont know if they still do

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users