Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOWDECRYPT RANSOMWARE VIRUS??? help PLEASE...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LeeLo

LeeLo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

Hi there,

My name is Lee and I have a serious problem, well to me anyway :-) On the 17th March I awoke to finding my very neat desktop slightly scrambled and 3 new icons: a notepad icon, a jpeg icon and and internet explorer icon all of the same name "HOWTODECRYPT"...... Of course I deleted them and emptied my trash.

Of course I did not realize the enormity of my problem. As the days passed I noticed several odd things happening and started doing some in depth search on my laptop and eventually found 4700 odd files of the same name scattered in many folders!!! They all had the same date and time.

I did a further search on the date and realized the so many more of my programmes, files, pictures etc where affected. 

I have done so much research on the virus and it now brings me to this site and I am so hoping someone would be able to assist me as I have done all I can do without having to spend a fortune.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Yours in cyberspace

Lee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users