Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista failing to reboot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 harvv

harvv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Hello, having trouble getting windows vista to start.  Computer was frozen so i had to manually reboot.  Getting a message saying failed to reboot.  There is no system recovery option.  At one point i was asked to insert system install disc to load driver. (insert installation media for the device and click okay to select a driver)  Not sure what to do there. 

I was able to get startup repair to run...it has gone through one cycle of repairing and asked me to reboot.  I rebooted and it failed again to boot, so it ran the startup repair again...prompted for another restart.  After this restart it appears to be stuck on a black screen with just the cursor showing.  I am unsure of whether to let it site a while or try another manual reboot.

I unfortunately dont think i have my original installation CDs for vista and i would like to get my computer working again without losing everything.

Do i have any other options other than the startup repair im currently running?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps, i have an ACER aspire 8930.

Thanks again in advance

edit:am unable to start in safe mode

Edited by harvv, 31 March 2014 - 11:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users