Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macrium Reflect running 24 hours at only 11%

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bkstang

bkstang

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

I am using Macrium Reflect to clone 3 partitions from a failing disk to a new identical drive, and the process has been running for 12 hours. The first 2 partitions say clone complete successfully and the third current progress is 100% over all progress is only 8%. It seems to now be hanging at verify. Can I cancel the operation and still keep the cloned disk intact without losing data?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bkstang

bkstang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

I am using Macrium Reflect to clone 3 partitions from a failing disk to a new identical drive, and the process has been running for over 24 hours. The first 2 partitions say clone complete successfully and the third current progress is 5% over all progress is only 12%. It seems to now be hanging at verify. Can I cancel the operation and still keep the cloned disk intact without losing data?

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

Your second post was made 13 minutes after the first one. Bumping your topic is not guaranteed to get you help any faster.

Please be patient as you wait for someone who can help you.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Original topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529340/macrium-reflect-running-12-hours-at-only-8/

Original closed since this new topic is opened.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 bkstang

bkstang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

It s now going on 36 hours, do I have to just wait it out until the software reports clone completed successfully. is there anyone out there that has any idea what I can do and at what point I can end the process still retaining the cloned drive intact.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

I have posted within the staff forums asking for assistance. Hopefully someone with some Macrium experience will be able to add to your topic or assist you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 bkstang

bkstang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

I  take any help I can get it has now been running over 36 hours. the progress is 36% over all and 31% current and I fear that the drive will fail before reaching 100%.

#8 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Greetings bkstang,

Your issue seems to be relevant to this knowledge base article. Please read through that to gain some understanding and follow those suggested troubleshooting steps so you can verify for yourself, whether or not your issue is hardware related. Software could be the issue too, but following those steps, you should be able to make that determination on your end. Thanks!

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

#9 bkstang

bkstang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

Ok so now after 42 hours of run time the progress is up to 45% does anyone out there know when and if it is ok to end the process.

#10 bkstang

bkstang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

thanks for the response 1972vet. I am familiar with this article and have not received a verification error so it does not deal with my issue or answer my question. what I need to know is if I can end the process and not loose the cloned partitions and data.

#11 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

I'm sorry but I cannot answer your specific question having no knowledge of your session or any real time access to it so I suggest you contact Macrium for a specific answer in your case.

I can say however, that my experience with a Macrium session hanging for me was only during a restore image function, never an image creation function...nevertheless, after I decided that the system was truly hung, I did end the process and found the image was restored just fine.

Seems at times an on board security product can interfere to that extent but in my case, the hangup was inconsequential regarding any corruption to the image. Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,865 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

If there is a "Cancel" button...I would hit it.  Then...I would run a hard drive diagnostic on the hard drive in question.

I use MR and the only time I've encountered any lag at all in function is when I was trying to clone a failing/failed hard drive.  When it finished, all I had was partition full of damaged/unreadable/unbootable files.

Louis

#13 bkstang

bkstang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for all the input, I will attempt to let it run until MR reports the third partition clone has completed successfully then I will end the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users