Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Closes Often

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ghostrc

ghostrc

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:40 PM

Well Ive been having this problem with Firefox. Everytime I try to open Housecall Anti Virus or any of those types of programs the whole entire broswer closes. When I re-open it, it seems that its deleted my cache. Its dosn't happen with IE or anything just with Firefox. I'm thinking it has to do with the secrurity settings on Firefox but im can't find anything on it.

thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

A lot of these on line scanners use IE only, so I would not worry I went there with both Firefox and Internet Explorer 7.0 and IE went four time faster thru the pages, which is just to opposite that I have found with the browsers.

Try it with Internet Explorer and all of the Scanners should be the same.

#3 ghostrc

ghostrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

Well its not just those type of progams, and I remember being able to use them. I just relized I might have something to do with JAVA. I checked some sites: Yahoo Games, Runescape, and they all closed Firefox, but I have it all enabled. So I really don't know whats going on..thanks for any help :thumbsup:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:42 AM

Have you installed the latest version of Java Runtime Environment and enabled it for Ff through the Java control panel?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:03 PM

Ok What version of Firefox are you running?

Also to check the version of java you have go to the following site:

http"//www.java.com

This will tell you if you have the most current version available.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

Most of the online scans need Active X which means you need to use Internet Explorer for them to work properly, however, Firefox shouldn't just close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users