Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Issues, blue screens all around fail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joshv13

joshv13

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone this is my first post so thanks in advance for reading this. I'm not great with computers but maybe I can provide enough info for you to help me. I think I have faulty RAM or maybe a video card issue but not sure. I have been getting Blue screen crashes at least once a day, firefox and all other browsers crash constantly, flash never works for more than 10 minutes at a time before crashing, most games I play crash periodically including World of Tanks and League of Legends to name a couple. Some programs also just stop working altogether until a restart. Firefox in particular and Google Chrome. Also my version of Windows was supposed to be a legit version, but after a month it says its not authentic, I've done all the updates and it seems like my computer is rerolling to a time when they werent done, I have done no system restores lately but have tried it before to no avail. I've tested my computer with AVG, AVAST and MCaffee and have found no viruses or malware. I've removed basically every program except for default programs and nothing works.

My specs are:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version:    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer:    MSI
System Model:    MS-7636
System Type :   x64-based PC
Processor :   Intel® Core™ i3 CPU         540  @ 3.07GHz, 3067 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date:    American Megatrends Inc. V1.9, 9/14/2010
SMBIOS Version:    2.6

Nvidia Geforce 210

My question I suppose is do you guys think this is a hardware issue or something else? Also is it possible to remove 2 sticks of ram and still run normally or at least test my RAM this way? I am downloading CPU-z at the moment to hopefully gather more information. Again I'm fairly noobish when it comes to all this but if this isn't enough information or too much just tell me whats needed. Also my Windows Event Viewer has like 2000 errors but I have no idea how to look at it and tell you what is causing the errors. I do know when It blue screens it says something at the top about Kernel, it only stays up for a second don't know if that helps you or not, thanks again guys I know this is a mess.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Welcome,

You didn't mention how much RAM you do have installed so I can't say if removing half will still leave enough installed for the OS to run.

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 joshv13

joshv13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Hey sorry about that ive got 4, 4gb sticks for 16gb total. Corsair brand

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

Also my version of Windows was supposed to be a legit version, but after a month it says its not authentic

Do you have the original disc installer for your Windows 7 operating system?

Tekken

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Please download and run both speccy and who crashed (do this in safe mode if normal mode crashes):

We need to analyze your operating system's crash dump files to further diagnose what could possibly be crashing your computer system.

Please download Who Crashed? and save it to your desktop.

Double click whocrashedSetup.exe and choose Run

On Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 machines, when User Account Control asks if you wish to install this program, say YES to install the program on your computer.

Program can also be installed by right click and choosing Run As An Administrator.

On the next screen choose Next and accept the agreement.

Install the program in it's default location C:\Program Files\WhoCrashed (If your primary drive is different from C:, choose your primary drive.)

Choose Next and allow program to create a Start Menu Folder called WhoCrashed and click Next.

Allow program to create desktop icon and click Next.

Now Click Install.

Once the program is installed on your computer system, look for the WhoCrashed icon.png desktop Icon and double click it.

Accept the User Account Control request and the program will open on your screen and should look something like this.

whocrashed.png

Next, Click the Analyze button. analyze.png

An Information Window should appear on your screen prompting you to scroll down your screen.

If a report was generated we would like to have a look at this report.

To do this, click File analyze.png and then choose Export.

Save as WhoCrashedOutput.htm to your desktop.

Open WhoCrashedOutput.htm and copy and paste all of the contents from System Information (local) and Crash Dump Analysis and the Conclusion into your next reply.

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.

• Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

• You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

• After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

• Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    p22004369.gif
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
  • You will see the following prompt:
    p22004371.gif
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    p22004372.gif
  • Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
  • Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users