Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Okidata Microline 380 TOF Creep / Top of Page Off Every Page

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tcteks

tcteks

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hello, I have a client who has on old Okidata Microline 380 printer.  We upgraded his systems from XP to Windows 7.  Now we are having a problem that every page that is printed on a continuous form feed paper on this printer becomes a fraction of an inch off at the top of each new page so that after about three invoices printing through the printing needs to be stopped and the form location readjusted so that things are printing in the correct place.

I am hoping that someone has seen this before and has a solution.  I have tried playing with page height, seperator files, park position, etc, etc with no luck.  Even tried a Epson driver as someone suggested but no luck.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Lots of posts look like something out there will work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Okidata+Microline+380%2Bwin+7&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Try this one:

http://xpdrivers.com/printer/oki/ml/ml-380/_5_5602.cfm

#4 tcteks

tcteks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Thanks Roodo and OldPhil but I have tried many drivers (The one you listed is only a driver softwer) and I have already scouered google to no end to find a solution.  Hoping that someone has seen this issue before and has a possible solution.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hello, I have a client who has on old Okidata Microline 380 printer.  We upgraded his systems from XP to Windows 7.  Now we are having a problem that every page that is printed on a continuous form feed paper on this printer becomes a fraction of an inch off at the top of each new page so that after about three invoices printing through the printing needs to be stopped and the form location readjusted so that things are printing in the correct place.

I am hoping that someone has seen this before and has a solution.  I have tried playing with page height, seperator files, park position, etc, etc with no luck.  Even tried a Epson driver as someone suggested but no luck.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

What program do you use to print the invoices? Is it the same program and version as what was used when the computer was using Windows XP?

Assuming that it is the same program/version, then it is likely a difference between Windows 7 and Windows XP drivers. If so, then my best suggestion would be to consider installing a version of Windows 7 with XP mode (assuming Microsoft still supports it with the killing of support of XP) and running just that one program in XP mode and see if it will work. Or the other option would be to setup one computer that still runs XP just for the purposes of printing the invoices (I know, not ideal).

Or the other option would be to come up with a new system for printing invoices that does no involve dot matrix printers, but I suspect that is likely a complete "no go" from the client's perspective.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

You need Pro or Ultimate, I have home on this lap top it will not do XP.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users