Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hustlerinc28

hustlerinc28

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

Just recently i turned on my comp and the sound did not work. I rebooted and it still didnt work, neither my speakers or headphone jack. Then i went to volume control and muted the sound then turned the sound back on. It worked perfectly. Then the problem has arrisen again and i tried the mute trick i tried earlier but to no avail. i have updated the drivers and still nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:47 PM

Hmmm.....do you have a sound card or onboard audio (integrated audio)? If it's a card, what is it? If it's onboard, make sure that you have the right program for your computer (seems simple enough, but I've seen people with multiple computers try to install the wrong programs on different computers!).

Go into your control panel, double click on "System" then click on the "Hardware" tab, then click on "Device Manager". Are there any yellow exclamation points or red question marks? If so, where (what are they next to)?

Please provide this information, as it'll help us to help you! Post back and we'll go from there!

Thanks!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 hustlerinc28

hustlerinc28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:16 PM

i know i have a soundcard
creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs (i updated everything on it)
and i went as far as my friend and i have the exact same audio card and we switched them out and my old one that went into his comp worked perfectly fine and his old one that went into mine didnt work so im geussing its not the card but something else...

i apparently also have a sigmatel high definition audio codec and legacy audio driver
none have any yellow exclamation marks

Edited by hustlerinc28, 26 May 2006 - 01:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users