Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Windows 7 Install = Random Shutdown?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wolf4537

wolf4537

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

So, I posted the other day about how I had a problem with Windows after it tried doing an automatic update.

After being frustrated enough, I decided to order a new SSD for my computer and do a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate.

After installing it and all the updates, it looks amazing. BUT....

The system shuts down without warning like 2 minutes into starting up the system!!!

Now I'm thinking it's my graphics card that is the issue....mainly because after we installed the Nvidia drivers (this is for my GTX 670 graphics card) and several other versions of the GTX 670 driver, it is doing the same damn thing.

My friend and I are at a complete loss of words here. My CPU temperature is fine, never goes above 40C.

One other thing I will point out, when Windows update was finishing a few updates, it did the random shut down then as well. But after that, it booted back up with the updated graphics.

Safe mode is no issue, I have no power problems in there. And using the default graphics that look horrendous also work fine without any power problems. We have tried a DVI and HDMI cable, same issue.

Any ideas what the hell is going on? I had absolutely no problems before with my graphics card, and my power supply is 850w, so it's more than capable of handling everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Download here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/

#3 wolf4537

wolf4537
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Ki1B8beCIGTzUVRTUSn7EfG

Right now I'm on the desktop but only using the default graphics drivers. No issues at all. I'm gonna re-install the Nvidia drivers and see if it does it again cause I just did a bunch more Windows updates.

Edited by wolf4537, 30 March 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#4 wolf4537

wolf4537
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

Just installed the Nvidia Drivers....same issue....UGH....WTF is going on here?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users