Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD upon any rootkit scan and windows update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnn999

Johnn999

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

Kind of lost here, if I do any sort of rootkit scan AVG or malewarebytes I will almost instantly get a BSOD, even under safe mode. Also my windows update is not updating it fails for the past while I just never knew of it until recently. Last time I tried to update, yesterday, my computer would no longer boot i ended up using the windows 7 disk and it repaired, but it didn't the first few tries. I've tried the sfc /scannow aswell. I am kind of at a loss. I used CCleaner and I feel like many bad things have happened since using it yesterday. It will remove some things and more come, I did backup my registry before hand. Somehow some **** got installed yesterday that installed a bunch more things, I forget what they were like Driver Support and whatnot I got it removed I think, Driver Support still shows up in the uninstall programs but I deleted all the files of it I could find and tried the uninstall but it won't work. Soo I am kind of confused and I don't get why windows update was not working in the first place.

I would occasionally get a BSOD before while gaming or just whenever but never got a chance to save everything from the BSOD but I believe this is what I had been getting even before updates were failing, hasn't updated correctly since 3/18/14.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: deaddead
BCP1: 1000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFF8000268CB51
BCP3: C1FF480F74A748F3
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\033014-45864-01.dmp
C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-59592-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Also the failures for windows update sayings Code 800F0826. Trying to google it now and figure out what's going on. From what I have gathered I probably have a rootkit virus. What I wish is that I can get rid of it without having too do a complete wipe and reinstall, if I do have to then so be it I suppose... Not evne sure how it happened unless it was a back door through a game client because I don't go to any sketchy websites on this computer...my other one is a different story but still.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Johnn999

Johnn999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

I have started a new thread and followed the steps.

Thanks

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

p22003888.gif

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users