Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Monitor died whilst I was working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pward

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

I was typing away at my computer when without warning, my monitor screen went completely blank.

There was clearly power still going to the screen as the light at the power button was still on - although it had changed from green to yellow. Plus when disconnected the monitor from the computer it displayed the "monitor not connected" message on the screen.

I re-botted, I left the system off overnight in case anything had overheated, but still the monitor would not come back to life. I tried a new monitor known to have no problems, but no joy - it wouldn't work either. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

Edited by pward, 30 March 2014 - 02:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

• Members
  • 3,957 posts
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Being as you tried a new monitor the narrows it to the video, possibly a driver issue but more likely the video card/chip died.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users