Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume wheel spamming b's and c's when rotated?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ketsujo

Ketsujo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6916 laptop running Windows Vista. On the front of the laptop underneath the touchpad is a little volume slider wheel that's directly attatched to the motherboard. For the past few months when I use it it'll spam b's and c's into whatever typing window I may have open, I'll spin it right now for an example: bbbcccccbbbbbbccbbcccc

Any ideas? The actual volume still moves up and down when I use the slider, and it's always felt loose since I first bought it, haven't been particularly fond of the thing. Sometimes it takes some work to get it to stay on one volume level (it'll move the level up and back down sometimes when I roll it in one direction) and sometimes I notice it randomly turns the volume up to max even when I'm not messing with it. As far as I know I can't disable it, otherwise I'd just turn it off and manually adjust the volume slider. It's certainly something I can live with, but it worries me, I don't want it to turn into a bigger problem later on.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi,

That sound like a hardware problem that should be a warranty repair. If the warranty has expired then it will be a $$$ repair.

Other than that I don't have any guesses.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users