Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to remove adware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Karegador

Karegador

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Ok so here is the run down.

My wife's boss hired me to remove adware from his computer. However, I cannot seem to find and remove the culprit. 

The adware has a very specific behavior. It seems to only activate when the user visits eCommerce sites. The ones visited by the owner are eBay, Worthpoint, Etsy and Groovshark(though grooveshark does not really count as eCommerce as far as I know). The popups exist only in the browser tab associated with these sites.

From what I have managed to find out from the popups themselves, they are "price peep" and "tt line".

How I have tried to remove the problem:

To date I have used spybot, webroot, and ad aware, in my attempts to remove the adware.

I have also looked up ways to remove these two "hijakers" but what I have found was useless since the instructions found state that there is a program that can be removed via add/remove software in windows 7. As well as a browser extension that one needs to be removed. Neither of these are true in this instance.

I would appreciate any help that ya'll can offer.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Karegador

Karegador
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Never mind all. I found the culprit and was able to remove it, thanks to security task manager. It was mega browse.

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for letting us know Karegador

This topic will now be closed.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic