Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen on HP Pavillion g7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adillon39

adillon39

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hi, I have an issue with my laptop screen not coming on, hope this is the right forum. It began with the left hinge making a popping sound when it was opened or closed so I kept it open on my desk as not to aggravate the problem however my 6 year old grandson decided to close it one day and when I opened it again horrific creaking and now the top left corner at the hinge is raised and the screen is black. Warranty expired a month prior, figures, and I didn't have the smarts to buy an extended one. Anyway, I have a good pic of it and from the looks of things in there I'm beginning to think I have more than a broken hinge. Any ideas on what my issue is? FYI, I have tried all the tricks to get it to start....unplugging the power supply and holding power button etc. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

IMO the video cable is damaged, it requires dis-assembly to replace it, in your case not a bad idea.  If you go on Ebay you can find not only the cable but also replacement case parts.  You can go on Youtube for a video on taking it apart.

I took another look at the photos!  It is time for it to come apart and be cleaned.

Edited by OldPhil, 29 March 2014 - 03:59 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

you could bring it to Laptop repair store that could do "Body Repair" or whatever the name in there, I usually call it body repair, in my country it usually cost $25-45 but I dont know how it will cost in US.

you could try search in ebay if someone sell your laptop body include with hinge.

do you have try to attached another monitor to your laptop? if not you could try it and see does anything show up in another monitor or not? if yes maybe its was your cable / lcd panel, if not maybe the problem is in your mainboard.

if the problem is your mainboard, you could consider to buy a new laptop.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users