Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acting very strange recently.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PaperBoy112

PaperBoy112

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hello bleeping computer community! I just need some help to see if my computer has been infected with any malicious attacks. It started about 2 days ago when my free trail of my avast! Premium ran out, and was going to buy a new one soon, but until I bought the full version, I put on the free trail of AVG. But when avast! Ran out I still continued to search the wen without internet protection trying to not go to any unsafe web pages (dumb idea on my part), but when reading this one thing, my browser got automatically redirected to two pages. One was saying update my flash, and the other saying update java. This happened to me before, but avast! Blocked it when it happened. But since it happened again, I'm afraid something got in because I had no firewall ect, only the free trail which did not do anything. But nothing seemed to be going on, but I ran a couple of scans such as Malware bytes and Junk ware removal, both found nothing. But until today, I closed my laptop (didn't shut it down), let it charge for a bit, then opened it to a message from malware bytes saying something about the root lit scanner not being able to turn on and asked to restart, so I did and when I logged in, it was a black screen with malware bytes running. That's all. No background or anything, malware bytes bytes doing a quick scan. So then I tried to restart my computer, and it worked, but logging in took a really long time then it usually is. So now I think I was maybe hit with an exploit or drive by download and need help. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

Forgot to mention I also ran Rouge Killer, and it said it has found drivers that add not legit, but left it alone just in case it was a false positive.

Edited by PaperBoy112, 29 March 2014 - 03:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users