Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please advise on what software i should download

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

i do a lot of computer graphics work with the 3d program, blender but it only exports raw avi files. these files are bleeping huge and take for ever to upload to youtube and then youtube drops the resolution so my huge upload has effectively been for nothing. can someone please advise on a free program to allow reduction of the file size, basic green screen style compositing, placing clips in series to from longer films from original short avi clips and audio editing(changing volume and hopefully some more advanced stuff as well) . i use windows 8.

thanks

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

i do a lot of computer graphics work with the 3d program, blender but it only exports raw avi files. these files are bleeping huge and take for ever to upload to youtube and then youtube drops the resolution so my huge upload has effectively been for nothing. can someone please advise on a free program to allow reduction of the file size, basic green screen style compositing, placing clips in series to from longer films from original short avi clips and audio editing(changing volume and hopefully some more advanced stuff as well) . i use windows 8.

thanks

Google Free Studio.

7581204627.png

#3 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,087 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

any others anyone can recommend?

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:05 AM

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Tekken

#5 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,087 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

looks quite a good one, any others you can recommend. just want to see a fairly long list of options before making a decision.

thanks

#6 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

I use the aforementioned  AVC, but I also like Format Factory.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Try also checking VirtualDub and Handbrake websites. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#8 Hansuke

Hansuke

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

I don't know if it can do you ask, but AppGeeker video converter is pretty good...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users