Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODs When Gaming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bsodprob

bsodprob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Okay so I wasn't sure where to stick this question on the forums but my computer has been really getting on my nerves lately.

My computer is around a two years old and over the summer things started going pretty wrong I was constantly getting the blue screen of death

for those unfamiliar this is a photo I took http://extrazoom.com/image-10986.html?heuln50x50 it only happens when gaming and only during some

particular games sometimes I could go the whole day without getting it and sometimes I will get it in the worst most unsuspecting moments. 

It's really getting on my nerves so anyone who knows what the crash code means and can explain it would help alot!

-update Also I found out it wasn't any of my drivers causing this problem so I don't know what is causing it.

Thanks!

Picture of crash: http://extrazoom.com/image-10986.html?heuln50x50

Edited by bsodprob, 29 March 2014 - 12:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Please navigate to the C:\Windows\Minidump folder (or whichever drive letter your operating system is installed on) and add all the files in that folder into a zip file.  Attach the zip file to your reply (More Reply Options > Choose Files ...).

#3 bsodprob

bsodprob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Please navigate to the C:\Windows\Minidump folder (or whichever drive letter your operating system is installed on) and add all the files in that folder into a zip file.  Attach the zip file to your reply (More Reply Options > Choose Files ...).

Okay here they are thanks for the help!

I'm not permitted to upload zips so I just put them on uppit http://uppit.com/1l3cfddlma7t/MiniDump.rar .

Hope you can help man I really think its a hardware problem with my GPU.

Edited by bsodprob, 30 March 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#4 bestofservice

bestofservice

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Hello everybody

BSOD problem (see attached)

Many thanks for coop.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   91.88KB   4 downloads

#5 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

(bestofservice, please post your own new topic in the forum so that you can receive proper help)

hello and :welcome: a couple of your crash dumps refer to dxgmms1.sys which is DirectX. What drivers did you rule out? Did you uninstall your current video card drivers and then install the newest? If you havent, Once that is ruled out, i recommend running memtest86+ to check up on your memory. I also would like to get some more information on your system, so Please follow the below instructions for that and also to run memtest. (you can run it from usb or cd, i will include both instruction)

Publish a snapshot of your system using Speccy

Please follow the below tutorial to know how to use "Speccy" to collect system info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Don't paste the output displayed by "Speccy" here. Instead paste the web link it displays.

Minitoolbox log

Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

List last 10 Event viewer errors
List installed program
List users, partition and memory size
List Minidumps

Now click "Go" and post the output displayed in next reply.

Method 1: With a USB Memory Stick

1. Download the latest version of the "Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7)" from this link: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

2. Plug in an empty USB key drive. Size is no concern, as the actual files take up 180 KB of space.

3. Go into the .zip folder you downloaded, and double-click on the .exe file inside.

4. Follow the setup utility. To reduce the risk of problems, it is advised to format the drive.

92455d1282419086-ram-test-memtest86-inst

Method 2: With a CD

1. Download the latest version of the "Precompiled Boot ISO (.zip) from this link: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You want the "Precompiled Boot ISO (.zip)".

2. Open the .zip file you downloaded, and then drag the .ISO file inside onto the Desktop.

3. Right-click on the ISO, and select Open with>Windows Disc Image Burner.
92278d1379285161t-ram-test-memtest86-ope
4. Insert a blank CD into the CD drive, and make sure the correct Disc burner is selected.
92279d1282320225-ram-test-memtest86-abt2
5. Click on "Burn".

Now the CD is ready to use.

Edited by acerts04, 31 March 2014 - 12:35 AM.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#6 bsodprob

bsodprob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

Thank acerts and Bestofservice I'll do that in a little bit acert but it may be directx as I have so many versions on my computer.

#7 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Give it a shot and let me know results :thumbup2:

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users