Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7/ Problem with Mozilla plugins

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Manolis

Manolis

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Hello!

My name is Manolis,I am 34 years old and I come from Greece.

I have Windows 7 and I run Mozilla Firefox. Recently when I tried updating my Mozilla plugins, it said that there were 2 outdated plugins:Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.510.13 and Java™ Platform SE 7 U51. I followed the instructions and I updated them but when I run the plugin status check again, it says that these plugins are still outdated. Any ideas?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:40 AM

I believe it's a Mozilla problem not a Windows problem.  Take a look at this thread:
Pale Moon forum • View topic - [Solved] mozilla says java 7 update 51 vulnerable??
Although, I wouldn't exactly call the problem "Solved".

#3 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

FlannelBack hi! Thank you for the reply!

So from what I understood from your link it's a problem of the Mozilla browser. I have updated the plugins correctly but the "check plugin status" page of Mozilla doesn't get informed about the updates. I hope I understood well.

Thank you.

#4 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Hi Manolis!

I don't know mmuch about computers but I too have Windows 7 & Mozilla firefox and it works beautifully together,I no longer use any "Java"......when I had Widows XP with Firefox,everytime I would get a security threat from Secunia PSI it was always "Java",I would update & still get "insecure" reading ....finally I realized because it was "end of life" is why I kept having these issues,I put it on the "ignore list" but was very uncomfortable doing so ......Now that I have the Win7 I decided not to use Java,it just seems to have too many vulnerabilities ,,,,,,,so as I said,I don't know very much about computers but I do know that I am much happier not having Java to worry about so perhaps your problem is not with Mozilla Firefox at all?

Best Regards,Kwik

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

FlannelBack hi! Thank you for the reply!

So from what I understood from your link it's a problem of the Mozilla browser. I have updated the plugins correctly but the "check plugin status" page of Mozilla doesn't get informed about the updates. I hope I understood well.

Thank you.

Yes, that's correct but it's not the browser itself, just that the "check plugin page" is not being updated.

Unless you visit sites frequently that require Java, you could disable the Java-plugin.

#6 Manolis

Manolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Thank you both for your informative and helpful answers!

All the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users