Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zip File Fiasco

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hackergd55

hackergd55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

In the attempt to open a zip file my computer when into a loop.  You have about 2 seconds to move the mouse and click a command.  This has happened before and I fixed the problem by turning off the computer and on again after a few minutes.  Well this time it did not work.  Windows starts to reboot and stops giving a blue screen.  I have repeated this process 4 times with the same result.  It has be on fro about one hour and I still have a blue screen.  Is this a result of the zip file opening attempt or is it a coinsidential failure of some other kind?  If you have a solution I certainly could use your help.  Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Open the run dialog from start menu and type in cmd.

you should get a window like this.

dos.gif

Type in chkdsk c:/r then press Enter.

You should get  "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>". Type in Y and press Enter.

Restart your computer to start the scan. Do this scan first, then type in sfc /scannow in a command prompt.

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

In the command prompt, type in:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will create the file "sfcdetails.txt" on your desktop.

Also, please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Edited by Kirbyofdeath, 28 March 2014 - 11:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users