Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DESPERATELY need help with LAN streaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zabrak

zabrak

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Hey there!

I'm streaming video PC to PC (vid is on windows 7 PC, watching it via streaming over wifi on a Windows 8 laptop)

yet, it seems like every min. or less it'll lag for a sec...

...Anybody know what's going on here? Help would be FANTASTICALLY appreciated,

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zabrak

zabrak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

I should note that the file is  a little over a gig, in 720p

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

there are lots of things that can be to blame. how much ram do both have? 8 is the min and more would be better. video card? cpu? and it's going over wireless. even the latest tech is "in theory" speeds. all of those things can slow it down.

You can run a leaner windows - shut off things you don't need running. Services, programs, and the like. I haven't been on Black Viper's site in a long while but I always did his recommended. Might help. 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users