Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aol Instantmessenger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cjastrzebski

cjastrzebski

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:42 PM

so i was using the last version of AIM 5 and stupidly clicked on a friends message link for a funny video since he is a funny guy. anyway when i came back to the computer, i could no longer open any documents in office, not only that but my norton anitvirus had been dismantled, the executable file no longer being recognized, i tired to buy a new antivirus but even after attempting to unistall norton, this virus would not recognize the new executable file for my new antivirus, i system restored to about a week prior to the problem and nothing improved so i've turned off that computer and switched to my bleepty school laptop please help me i have no idea how to go about fixing this problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

Often, once infected, it is too late to install Antivirus software. The installation or the updating will fail.

I would recommend following the Preparation Guide to posting a High Jack This log. You may not need to actually post a log, however. If you follow the instuctions in the Preparation Guide faithfully then your computer may be cleaned. However, rarely is a computer infected with only one thing, and it is possible that not everything nasty will get removed using this method.

If after completing all of the steps in the Preparation Guide you continue to have issues, post a HJT log as instructed in the Preparation Guide.

PREPARATION GUIDE

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users