Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb stick problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 darkstar30

darkstar30

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

When I copy files to my usb stick, they are there and open etc. but when I disconnect the stick and reinsert it, there is nothing there. Thanks in advance for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 compnovo

compnovo

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

When I copy files to my usb stick, they are there and open etc. but when I disconnect the stick and reinsert it, there is nothing there. Thanks in advance for any help

Are you properly disconnecting the drive before removing it?  Unless you have the quick disconnect function enabled that might be affecting file storage on the drive. (Right-click the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon in the lower right systray and select your device).

Core i7 4771 - GA-B85-HD3 - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill 1333 - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD - Toshiba 2TB HDD - Corsair 200R Carbide Case - Corsair CX600M - Windows 8.1 Pro

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

I'll second compnovo.  Sounds like you are not properly ejecting the device that is using caching.  I've seen USB drives become corrupted because they were not removed properly and highly recommend using the Eject and waiting for the Safe to remove message.

#4 darkstar30

darkstar30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the replies. I did use the safely remove hardware option. I fixed it in the end using the error check function which seemed to do the trick. Thanks again for your advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users