Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer refuses to start despite multiple replacements

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yukionna

yukionna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I'm about ready to tear my hair out. Both from my computer problems and issues with the horrible customer service/tech support from the company that made it. Bought the computer 6 months ago. From the beginning it had issues it randomly restarting when I was playing games. I fixed that through BIOS and all was good for a while. Then almost 2 months ago, it randomly shut off again but wouldn't turn back on. The power lights turned on, the fans spun but nothing. So I email tech support after trying unsuccessfully to get it to turn on. Over a week later they respond that it sounds like the motherboard is bad. Send me another one. I put it in. When I first turn on the pc, I briefly see the Windows startup screen but then everything goes black and nothing. Back to square one. Won't boot up, not sounds, no beeps, nothing. Call tech again 'oh uhh I guess it must be the cpu, we'll send you another one'. Three weeks later I get the CPU. During that time I've tested the RAM and tried a new power supply, cleared the cmos, reseated everything, to no avail. So today I finally get the cpu. Put it in. Same exact thing. No beeps, no whirring hard drive, no bios, nothing. Just spinning fans. Now they're telling me to send in the entire computer cause it 'might be' the onboard video. On my own dime of course. I'm posting in hopes of someone figuring out what could be going on. 

Specs:

• AMD A10-6800K Richland processor
    4.1GHz (4.4GHz overclock), 4MB L2 Cache
  • 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
  • 1TB SATA hard drive
  • Integrated Radeon HD 8670D Graphics
  • Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M-HD+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Seems like a power supply issue. How did you fix it through the bios?

#3 yukionna

yukionna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Roodo, I increased the voltage to the RAM and it solved the problem. The computer came with a 250w power supply. Right now I'm trying with a 600w one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users