Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Importing e-mails from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Slider51

Slider51

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Just going through the frustrating task of switching to new Win7 machines from old XP machines.

I have several thousand important (business) e-mails on my old XP machine under Outlook Express 6.  Six different accounts, each with their own inbox.  Four are POP3, 2 are IMAP.  The new machine has Office 2010 with Outlook, and I have set up all 6 accounts and they are sending and receiving fine.

I have read several articles on how to move (or export/import) all my old e-mails into Outlook, but they all seem to be written as if I have both Outlook Express and Outlook on both machines - not the case.  Some say to install Outlook temporarily on the old machine and make the conversion there - is this really necessary?  Where would I get just Outlook 2010?  Download a trial version?

The articles all seem to make reference to a PST file.  I have located the store files on the Outlook Express (old) machine, and they are all in a .dbx format.  Additionally, there are literally dozens of these dbx files, many for old folders that I no longer have on the old machine, even some old e-mail accounts that have been closed for years..

Can someone walk me though how to move (export/import) my e-mails from my old XP machine, with Outlook Express 6.xxx only, onto my new machine, with Outlook 2010 only?  Can I migrate individual folders, or do I have to move everything (all 6 accounts plus the sent items folder) at once?

Sure would appreciate any help here - I'm getting nowhere following the articles I have found online.

Thanks in advance,

Slider

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users