With my current desktop approching 7 years old and running Windows XP which will go unsupported next month I decided to bite the bullit and order a new PC. I didn't have the means to customize it at the time of purchase, but there is at least one thing I would like to do when I get it and that is install a SSD for the OS.
The PC will have Windows 8 Preinstalled on a 1TB HDD, so I'm looking for advice on the brand, type and size of the SSD I should buy. My budget for the SSD is about $150 dollars but might spend as much as $200 if i found a good deal.
I mainly use my PC for my online business, but also for watching videos and some gaming too and will have Dual Monitors connected as well.
What are the things you should do with a brand new PC?
Here are the basic Specs:
- Includes XPS 8700 desktop PC, AC adapter, and manual
- 3.4GHz 4th-generation Intel Core i7-4770 processor with 8MB cache, up to 3.9GHz
- 12GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- 1TB 7200 RPM hard drive
- DVD+/-RW drive
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 graphics with 1GB graphics memory
- Waves MaxxAudio
- Dell USB multimedia wired keyboard
- Dell laser wired mouse
- 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet
- 19-in-1 media card reader
- Six USB 3.0 ports
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- HDMI, DisplayPort, RJ-45 ports
- 7.1 surround sound audio/line-in jacks
- Microphone/headphone jacks
- Windows 8.1
- Measures approximately 7-1/4"W x 17-1/2"D x 16"H; weighs 30.42 lbs
- UL listed adapter; 1-year hardware Limited Manufacturer's Warranty