Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue tooth speaker not recognized

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deedie

deedie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

I have an ASUS laptop which has worked great...until I restored to an earlier date trying to fix a problem with a projector.

After restoring, my laptop won't recognize my JBL OnBeat Venue speaker as it has done from the day I purchased the speaker.

I tried it on another laptop and it works perfectly.  Why not on mine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hello! :welcome: to Bleeping Computer! :)

What operating system are you running, windows vista, 7, or 8? How far back did you restore? Have you tried to see if any other bluetooth devices will connect to the laptop? 

If you are running windows 7, see if it is listed in the bluetooth device settings: Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices. If it is not listed there try re-adding it. 

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Did you attempt to re-pair the speaker to the laptop?

#4 deedie

deedie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

I am running windows 8.  Restored back to like March 3, 2014  Thought that would be far enough.  Of course then I had to redo tons of stuff and I tried to get it all back to where it was.

The speaker is not listed under devices on my laptop but on my husband's it is.

I tried everything I could think of to get the laptop to even acknowledge the speaker but it doesn't

Other blue tooth device is recognized and working.

#5 deedie

deedie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

By the way,  HATE windows 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users