Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Up Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jellybean22

jellybean22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

Hello admin,

Can you provide me with some simple troubleshooting steps on how I can fix my laptop? My laptop is a Sony Vaio with Vista OS. Whenever I turn my laptop on, and get to the black screen with "start windows automatically", it will take a long long time for me to get to the "Welcome" screen. Worst, it will take a day for me to go to the Welcome screen where I get to key in my user name and password but after doing so, another long wait time again to get to the desktop. Recently, I don't even get to see the desktop. There is another option when I turn the laptop on that says: "Start Launch Repair". When I click this, there's a loooong wait (like a day again) but it won't get to the "Welcome" screen. What do you think is wrong with my laptop? Please advise. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.  This will open the Advanced Boot Options, use the up or down arrow to navigate to Safe Mode, then press Enter.

If you can boot into Safe Mode is the computer still slow?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jellybean22

jellybean22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Thanks dc3. I'll try this when I get home. Will tell you if it works. :-P

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I'll be around.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users