Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

start.qone8.com attached to I.E.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mvnandshkn

mvnandshkn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

Hi,

I need some help please.  I have this virus/program attached to I.E.  I don't know how to get rid of it.  Please advise.  I am running WIndows 7 ultimate.  I am also running McAfee Internet Security but it does not remove the site that comes up automatically.

Thank you,

Jon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

Hello -
Please read This Topic from Malwarebytes on the removal of this Browser Hijacker.

Select your particular browser, and follow those instructions.
You may need to reset your home page once finished, but it should be fairly simple.

The 2 programs needed are Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM) and AdwCleaner by Xplode

First you will download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
NOTE : Please close or save all work, as the computer will be Rebooted
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button. (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review. 
* If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it. 

- If you are not sure, please post the [R0] Text log first

* Next: Click on the Clean button (only once) to remove the selected items. 
* You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed. 
* Click on OK, and then OK again to confirm the reboot.
* When cleaning process is complete a log (AdwCleaner[S0].txt ) of what was removed will be on your desktop. 
* Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Then you will download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM)
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.
Be sure to reboot the computer if required after you post the log.
To remove all "found items" you can follow the steps in this Malwarebytes illustrated blog post:
http://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2013/09/selecting-all-pups/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users