Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi to Community Members

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bud14

Bud14

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hi Folks,

I stumbled across this web site while I was looking for answers after purchasing my new laptop.

I am kinda ok with computers so wouldn't say I'm totally illiterate but with this new Windows 8 I would like to get the most out of it. For example my pictures from my old laptop and my new ones are all over the place. I have music stored everywhere and nothing s organized. I am an artist and have all my paintings mishmashed into files. I am also in the process of starting up a web site so I need to be able to access photos as I go along.

My husband used to be my go to fix any problem but now I'm on my own to work things out. :smash:  Probably not relevant, but I mention that because I find I relied on him too much. Should have listened more when he was patiently explaining. Well here I am.  

I'll begin by going to see what's up in the Windows 8 thread.

Looking forward to moving forward. :hello:

Bud14/Linda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

#3 Bud14

Bud14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

Thanks.:) I'm trying to upload a pic for my profile but it keeps telling me my file is to large?? I'm going into my file folders and clicking on browse them open and so on............any suggestions?? Not a good start for me.... :mellow:

#4 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

I am not sure if this will resolve your problem, but it might be worth a try.

Upload your picture to "Photobucket".

Then, in your Photobucket "library", click on the star shaped symbol on your picture.

On the menu that opens click on "get links".

Then click once on "directlink", that is the same as a "copy" command.

Now, on the BC page here, where you are trying to post your photo, "paste" that "direct link" where is says "import from URL".

Give it a try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users