Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Firewall Is Blocking Omcamcap.exe From Accessing The Internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 parklife

parklife

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:06 AM

Hi!

I tried searching for OMCAMCAP in the forums. It only came up once: the advice was to remove it from the C: -- Windows -- System32 folder. I went to that folder but there wasnt any OMCAMCAP file.

I tried using the search application in my PC and it couldnt find OMCAMCAP either.

I'm just wondering if this is a bad file, or if i can just leave it in my computer with the firewall blocking it. :thumbsup:

THis is the announcement my firewall makes:
OMCAMCAP.EXE is trying to access the internet

I have the firewall deny this access.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:26 AM

Hi parklife.
Do you have a webcam?
If so, what make and model?
You can probably tell if it's webcam related (if you have one) as I wouldn't think it would function with your firewall blocking it.

#3 parklife

parklife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:36 AM

Hello HitSquad!
I don't have a webcam and i've never used one with this computer. I have a digital camera, but i've never connected straight to the internet with it. Is this a file something i should remove?

I know my computer has issues. I'm still following some do-it-yourself instructions. Just wondering if this is a bad file and i need to find it and remove.
Thanks!! =)

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

Looking around, it appears to be a valid camera app as well.
Why you can't find the file on your drive is a mystery though.
Do you have any disks in your cd,floppy drives by chance?
Could you post your make and model camera as well please?
Might be chasing ghosts as it could be malware too. Just trying to narrow down the possibilities at the moment.

#5 parklife

parklife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the help HitSquad!! :thumbsup:

My camera is a Canon Ixus. No disks in my floppy or in the CD drive. I've tried searching my C drive again, but still can't find the file!!

I was finally able to post my HijackThis log. It could be malware because I had a problem with SpySheriff, but i was able to get it erased. Maybe there were other viruses.

#6 HitSquad

HitSquad

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

OK parklife.
The reason you can't find it in a search (and I was chasing ghosts) is because you're (we're) spelling it with an O instead of a 0 (zero).
It is this Trojan.
It is not difficult to remove but since you've already got a HJT log posted, well, you know. :thumbsup:
If they don't get to you soon, I'll tell you how to get rid of it.
Until then, Keep denying access!

Edited by HitSquad, 17 May 2006 - 04:21 PM.

#7 parklife

parklife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:43 AM

OK, I'll wait for the HJT help since also i think i may have more viruses than the 0MCAMCAP. Sorry about the zero and the "O". Thanks so much!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users