Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstall Freeven Pro & shopping helper smartbar by ReSoft Ltd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eyre71

eyre71

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

I can't seem to remove these from my program list.  They popped up on my computer last night along with a host of other things which I think I have removed this morning through running malwarebytes.  1572 items found & I have deleted them & restarted the computer.   However when I go onto the uninstall programs & right click on there to uninstall the freeven pro & the shopping helper smart bar they wont budge.     

Not sure what to do next or if I have removed them correctly.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hi eyre71 and welcome to BC.

Not sure what to do next or if I have removed them correctly.

To be honest... they may well have been removed.
The problem with using 3rd party tools to remove Adware/Malware is that sometimes they remove the files etc but leave the uninstaller showing in the Add/Remove folder.
This entry will be an orphan entry and won't cause any problems if left.

That said.....
It's always worth double checking to make sure everything has been removed.

Note:
There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.

If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.

For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool.

frsticon_zpsdc3cbdc3.png
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

frstdis_zps7f598f12.png
  • Press Scan button.

frst_zps6548371f.png
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.
In your next reply, please submit:
Both reports from FRST

Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users