Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCI Video card died need to activate onboard video card

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ndoyle72

ndoyle72

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

My video card just died. I am trying to use the one that is onboard the motherboard but when I attach my monitor to it nothign shows at all. Doesnt show it booting so I can get to my bios I just get no signal.

Is there anyone that can tell me how I can access my onboard video card?

The computer is custom made the serial number on the motherboard is 8gb038 01344.

Any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer

Do you have any extra information on the motherboard? Does it have a manufacturers name on it like MSI, ASUS, etc.?

One thing to try is remove the power plug from the PSU. Open the computer and remove the CMOS battery. Hold the power button down for 30 sections. Hopefully this will reset the CMOS and cause it to use onboard video as default. Replace the CMOS battery. Attach the power plug and boot the computer with the monitor attached to your onboard graphics.

Edited by JohnC_21, 25 March 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hello and welcome to BC :welcome:
have you try to resetting your BIOS?

your serial number was not useless except you tell what brand of it, with their type will be great : wink:

this a good tutorial to check your mainboard type http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-the-Motherboard

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 ndoyle72

ndoyle72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

JohnC thanks for the info. We tried this out but it didnt work. I will see if I can get more information about the motherboard.

Abauw: Unfortunately I cant even see my bois. When I plug in my monitor I get nothing at all only a screen saying no signal

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Is the monitor functional on another computer?

#6 ndoyle72

ndoyle72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

JohnC

Yep I hooked it up to my laptop and came on with no problem. This is my son computer and he had two monitors hooked up and they both went down at the same time. This is why we are assuming the video card

#7 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

would you mind to read link that I give to you, just to check your mainboard brand and type :wink:

but while you check that mainboard could you try to resetting your BIOS with resetting with jumper or removing CMOS battery, this a tutorial how to do it http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

#8 ndoyle72

ndoyle72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Abauw:

Thanks for that information as well. I just tried to reset the cmos and the bios still nothing. When I boot the computer back up still nothing happens on the monitor. I just get a black screen. Doesnt even seem to acting like its connected to the computer

#9 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

could you tell more how your VGA Card died? does you have problem like you say right after your VGA Card died?

#10 ndoyle72

ndoyle72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Abauw:

I did a search on the motherboard but the only label I am finding is the one stated earlier. The only thing I can find that may be a name or label is DX10 or GA-MA78g-DS3HP. Im not finding anything else that would help me indetity the motherboard since I cant see anything on the monitor

#11 ndoyle72

ndoyle72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Abauw:

From what my son tells me he turned on his computer. Everything was fine. Went to get on the internet and then everything went black. I know he has been using his computer with no issues until this happened last night.

#12 ndoyle72

ndoyle72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

The GA-MA78g-DS3HP is the information to identify the motherboard. I hope this will help

#13 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Went to get on the internet and then everything went black. I know he has been using his computer with no issues until this happened last night.

does because of this you say that your VGA card died?

The GA-MA78g-DS3HP is the information to identify the motherboard. I hope this will help

yes, it was really help as I could read your mainboard specs on here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2943#sp

and sorry if I dont reply until I awake from sleep, it's 7.40 AM in my place and it's time for me to get a sleep :wink:

#14 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Have you removed the card, good chance it will default to the board video to get into the bios

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#15 ndoyle72

ndoyle72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Abauw:

Yes I found the manual online and downloaded it. Im trying something it stated and will see what happens. I am assuming it because I can hook the monitor up to any other computer and it works except my son's which is where it was connected to initially.  If you can think of anything else I can check I will be happy to try anything.

OldPhil:

We disconnected the old video card and we are having the same issue. I am hoping its not his motherboard that went out instead. If I do he will be learning how to install it himself with my supervision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users