Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wifi not working after an error and works again the next day

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sidekick01

sidekick01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hello, allow me to explain what happened... I tried to download a youtube video using a firefox addon and when I played the mp4 video file using quicktime, the computer reset by itself. (Now I don't know if it's this video that caused this but I decided to tell about it anyway.)

When the computer started after that mysterious reset, I noticed the internet didn't work and the wifi icon in the system tray didn't appear. I reset the computer a few times and the same happened again and again. Something strange I noticed when booting the computer was there was an unusually long gap (black screen) between the Windows XP logo (still booting) and the desktop screen. Usually it's a few seconds but during these times it took longer than that (maybe 20 seconds?). I also tried System Restore to earlier points but the same happened.

Next morning, I turned on the computer thinking I may need to reinstall the Windows or something, but this time...everything was FINE as if nothing happened before. The wifi icon appeared very quickly and the internet was working as well as everything else. I reset the computer and keeps working smoothly!

Question: In this case, would you keep using the computer as is? Doesn't it seem like it was a temporary issue?

Edited by sidekick01, 25 March 2014 - 06:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

Let's try to check some summary reports.

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.
When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users