Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Ewido

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laurafox0

laurafox0

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:37 AM

[b]I Installed ewido this morning it scanned for about 22 mins and found 62 infected objects!~ ran spybot yesterday and it found 271 hmmmm? on restart I'm getting, and was getting before ewido install, a message "error loading W1787990.dll..what the heck is that!? I also have the icon on bottom here that is a red symbol "windows security alerts" do I need this with ewido or should i remove and how/? lol thanks to all of ya for ur great help!~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:06 AM

a message "error loading W1787990.dll..what the heck is that!?

Your computer is trying to load this file, but it can't find it to load it. It appears to be a random name, and it very well have been malware that has been removed, but there is still a regsitry entry that is telling Windows to try to load it when you start up. You have already stopped the file from starting, but to stop the error message from coming up, go to:

Start > Run

type msconfig Click on OK Click on the Startup tab

Here you will find a list of entries that relate to programs that Windows is being told to start when you startup your computer. If you can find one of these entries that relates to W1787990.dll, then uncheck it.

Click Apply then OK

You will need to reboot for the changes to take effect.

I also have the icon on bottom here that is a red symbol "windows security alerts" do I need this with ewido or should i remove and how/

Go to:

Start > Control Panel > Security Center

Something in there needs your attention. It may as simple as you have no antivirus program, or your antivirus program needs updating, or your firewall is turned off, etc.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users