Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All functions affected after uninstalling IE11

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TinMan811

TinMan811

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Hello,

I was having a problem with Internet Explorer 11 crashing constantly. I downloaded the current build and proceeded to uninstall IE11.  BIG mistake.

Literally everything on my computer changed. Display Font's were different, icon size changed, icon arrangement was scrambled. The fonts that are native to Outlook and other Office programs were changed.

I have tried all different resolutions, different icon sizes (personalize>display), ClearType on and off, system restore to before the uninstall and everything else I can think of. 

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I am almost glad it happened to me and not a client because I am at my wits end.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

This link to MS may point you in the right direction :-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11-win-7

I know it says 'install', but it also gives a link to uninstalling it. As I understand it, uninstalling one version of IE is not a completely straightforward matter and remnants of one version can corrupt another.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users