Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Log On Image Size

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SkipDiver

SkipDiver

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

Hello...

...I have endlessly searched on google for an answer to this question. I have two computers that I built from scratch that both use Windows 7 professional 64-bit LEGIT software. My main computer, luckily, has a Lock screen image that is large. The other computer has a lock screen that is small. Many other individuals have asked this and I just flat out think that people are not understanding the question. I understand you cannot change the "size" and it requires 128x128. I get that. Now...moving past that, there is a NOTICIBLE difference in the "frame" of the pictures size. Both have ONE user registered on the computer (admin) but I cannot for the life of me figure out why one is bigger than the other. I set them up the same way. Please PLEASE help me. This will just drive me nuts and I am sure others on the internet have noticed this issue and couldn't find a fix worth speaking. I have attached photos so there is NO way a "helper" could not understand.

Thank you for your time in advance and I'm sure this is an easy fix...but it is straining me.

DJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SkipDiver

SkipDiver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Lets try to attach once more...

Attached Files

#3 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

The obvious question is: are you running both monitors at the same resolution?

The higher the resolution, the smaller the user account picture is going to display.

#4 SkipDiver

SkipDiver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Yes...exact same resolution. I got all the basic stuff figured out. Thats why I am turning here. 1920x1080. Which is why this is so much weirder...

Edited by SkipDiver, 25 March 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#5 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

What is the resolution of your custom background?

In Windows 7 the standard background is 1024 x 768.  If your custom background is 1920 x 1080, or higher, the user account picture will be relative to that size.

#6 SkipDiver

SkipDiver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Good suggestion! I did try it, but it didn't change a thing. I even found a website that has the pictures in all sorts of different resolutions and tried all of them. The "frame" size never changed. Its still stayed as that very small photo almost just bigger than the mouse pointer.

#7 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Interesting, does one account have a password and the other one not?  I have seen reports of accounts without passwords having a small image and accounts with a password having a large image.

#8 SkipDiver

SkipDiver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

actually....yes. The large photo is password protected and the other does not have one. I NEVER would have thought about that. Let me try that and I'll see if that helps. I'll just add a quick password to check. Thank you!

#9 SkipDiver

SkipDiver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

HOLY CRAP!!!! That was it! That is a REALLY weird feature, and I cannot understand why Microsoft would do that, but holy crap that worked. A password is what makes the icon large. Without the password, the icon is small. Thank you so much. I googled that most of the day and I could not find any answers. That was extremly helpful and great work!

#10 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

You're welcome. :thumbsup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users