Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless keyboard and mouse help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dawgee

dawgee

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

I just bought a Lenovo A5 series all in one computer with windows 8. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the keyboard and mouse to work. Its a touch screen but want i all the things to work .

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hi,

The wireless keyboard and mouse need batteries. There should be a small receiver that needs to be plugged in to a USB port. There may also be a software disk in the box which needs to be run so that the system is aware of the wireless devices.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

To add to what Dicke has said, I have seen a lot of battery powered hardware recently - phones, remote controls and so on - which are shipped with a small paper or plastic insulator across one end of the battery compartment to prevent the batteries being discharged during transit or storage. This has to be removed before the equipment will power up and start working. Worth a look.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users