Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sparteh

Sparteh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hello.  I currently have problems with my asus x551ca battery. It does not start up in battery mode and when I disconnect my ac charger while my laptop is turned on- it instantly dies. I run windows 7. Also when my pc is turned on using charger it shows that my battery has "81% available (plugged in, charging)".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dikbozo

dikbozo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

The specifics you wrote indicate to me that your battery is dead. I have seen several cases where the indicators all show the battery charging but won't run on it. I am also assuming that the battery is properly inserted as I have seen that too. I did a quick look over asus.com and discovered the battery is covered only for 12 months. Good luck on this point.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Just a word of advice here.

I had a similar problem with a laptop battery and decided to replace the battery with a non genuine part, The non genuine battery cost me about 60 dollars online that was about 30 dollars cheaper that a genuine battery, When I got the non genuine battery It worked fine for about 2 days then died. Then I got a genuine part and it still works fine.

The lesson here is even thou the genuine battery was a little more expensive in the long run its cheaper and safer.

#4 Sparteh

Sparteh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

Well I have been using it for a week like this and I noticed something strange. 

Battery status changed from "plugged in charging" to "plugged in NOT charging". Amount of energy inside my battery seems ti be dropping (according to indicator 5 days ago it was 80+ percent and now 47). Also another indicator (light thing) changes. Based on my manufacturer it is solid red when my battery is below 75%, blinking when 75% to 95% and green if above that. Now when I plug in  my computer it starts solid red and later changes to blinking. Shouldnt that mean that my battery is accepting energy or something like that? 

#5 dikbozo

dikbozo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Well I have been using it for a week like this and I noticed something strange. 

Battery status changed from "plugged in charging" to "plugged in NOT charging". Amount of energy inside my battery seems ti be dropping (according to indicator 5 days ago it was 80+ percent and now 47). Also another indicator (light thing) changes. Based on my manufacturer it is solid red when my battery is below 75%, blinking when 75% to 95% and green if above that. Now when I plug in  my computer it starts solid red and later changes to blinking. Shouldnt that mean that my battery is accepting energy or something like that? 

It seems to me, either your charger isn't working properly or your battery is just about finished, asin kaput, done, finished, pushing up the daisies, rung down the curtain, shuffled off this mortal coil and joined the bleeding choir invisible or it is a stiff(with apologies to all Python (monty) fans). You could check your charger with a multi-meter if you are careful. Friends usually have these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users